Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When mother takes charge

I have been out of work for almost 7 months now, which means I am semi-exclusively taking care of the four kids.  I have 2 nannies.
What do I get from this? I have everything I want.  I may not be earning right now, but they have needs that I can provide that nobody else can. I am going to tell you our story tonight.
Before going to sleep, I read the 2 boys a book.  Tonight I read them the Bible Story. My eldest son loves it. My Halo has been doing something else while I was reading.  After reading, Uel requested for a hug and Halo a back scratch, our usual routine.  I extend my arms where I can hug Uel while scratching Halo until we fall asleep. I call it multitasking.  I do that until both of them fall asleep.  That was about 930pm and by this time,  the twins are already asleep at the living room.  Why at the living room? I can't put them to sleep while the older brothers are awake, it's a rumble.
It was already 220am while writing this, I took a 20 minute break, my Twinkle cried in the other room so I had to ran to her. I transfered her into our room and had some milk.  I just need to assure her that mommy's here.  An hour ago, I was awakened by Star's cry.  Daddy got her milk, she doesn't like it.  She was given water, she doesn't like it either.  I was so sleepy so Daddy stopped what he was doing and carried her but it did not help. I know what she wants, a hug from Mommy.  She tried to play with her Dad but when she looks at me, she realizes what she really wants.  She wanted me to carry her until she falls asleep again.  I was so sleepy but I have no choice.  I need to do it or all of us will have to stay awake even her brothers.  While carrying her, her older brother Halo woke up crying.  "Mommy, I want to sleep beside you!"  Ooooppps! Now, there's two of them.  While putting Star to sleep, Halo wanted me to scratch his back, take note, Only mommy!  This has been a usual scenario.  Here is what we do, I start scratching his back and Dad will continue.  But Halo is too smart to notice that.  He will again blurt out, "Mommy, please scratch my back!"  He knows the difference.  Good thing, on Twinkle's turn, she just asked for milk and no carrying around needed this time.  Plain milk and she was back to sleep.
I just noticed though.  When babies wake up during the night, the father would initially think that the baby needs milk.  Daddy would prepare milk for them.  But when it comes to the mother, a kiss and a hug is the priority.  The mother's touch is the best touch ever.
Daddy is the provider, mommy does everything else.  Mothers out there would agree with me I know.
My reward? Happiness. Fulfillment as a mom.
Lessons: Always be there when your children needs you.  They are your responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment