Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Heat is on!!!

Holy week has just passed.  Every vacationer is back to reality like us.  I went home to my hometown in Tarlac, Philippines (Central Luzon) to take a simple vacation during the Holy week.  My kids were so excited to be back to the provinces because they wanted to play with soil, as simple as that.  But what I really want is for them to see what really happens in Tarlac during this time.  I want them to see our tradition which they won't see in Manila. Now that we are back in Manila, they are all sick because of the heat yesterday.  Manila is said to have the hottest temperature yesterday so far.  I heard it was 37 degrees.  We left Tarlac at 1230pm, we arrived Manila at about 4pm.  I was really hot.  At 9pm, my Twinkle started vomiting, followed by Halo.  Star and Uel had loose bowel movement starting this morning.  Today all of them were vomiting and making poop except for Uel, he never got sick.  The same thing happened to my nephew Ben, he was vomiting and had loose bowel movement starting 3am, my brother in law feels the same until now.  My Halo did not want to drink his milk anymore because he is afraid that he might get sick again.  Uel told me he goes to the toilet every time he eats.  Poor kids.
At times like this, I asked the sick person to take water with lots of sugar.  For the kids, I have pedialyte ready.  I advise them to take lots of liquids but not so muck milk because it can trigger vomiting.  Poor kids, and poor mom.  I don't want to panic.  When my husband arrived from office last night, Halo started to vomit, he was asking me.  "What did I feed my children?"  He has nobody else to ask except me.  It wasn't the food.  The food I ate was also the food that the affected people ate, also the drinks. 
I am blaming it on the heat.  Yes! The heat!  But the thing is, all those affected slept in rooms with aircon on.  All my kids were sick because right after the travel, they slept with the aircon on, practically all night.  My nephew and brother in law were at the hotel with the aircon on the whole night as well.  It was hot then sudden cold, it makes people sick, I know that now.  All we want is comfort for our kids, we didn't want them to be sick.  If only I knew!  
I am happy my Halo ate well during dinner tonight.  He, Twinkle and my nephew Ben were the most affected.
I pray that they're gonna be alright tomorrow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment