Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Customer Service and Sales

Real estate business has been booming especially in Metro Manila.  Construction sites are like mushrooms spurting out from each corner of the metro.  An individual's dream list would always include owning a house from a prestigious subdivision where his family is safe.  As you enter a mall, you will see agents and brokers giving out flyers to everyone they meet, wishing that that could be their next buyer.  But did you know what can a person cost him when buying a house?  One of which is paying the house all his life through bank financing.  Working up to his neck first for the government (taxes) and second for the bank (financing).  I thought this will be the start of fulfilling that dream under bank financing or PAGIBIG loan.  A friend referred to us Montville Place developed by Harvard Realty in Don Antonio Subdvision in Quezon City. A big mistake! I should have read the book RICH DAD POOR DAD by Robert Kiyosaki before I entered into this deal.  I thought it was an asset, but it turned out to be a liability.  I should have spent my money into something that would bring income into my pocket. It is not only financial considerations that a buyer has to be concerned about, it's the way they are treated as clients.   Please read on to know our story.  
We reserved the lot last January at a price of 3.035M.  I and my husband gave them the 12 checks for the down payment.  At first I wanted to pay the full down payment of 30%, but  my friend halted me.  She suggested that we need to have the bank loan pre-approved by affiliated banks because Multiland does not encourage PAGIBIG loans.
We were also informed that the Model House of Phase 1 is only available for a 12 month installment because that is only their model house.  Then why are they selling it? We complied with the requirements.  During this time, I was already self employed so my husband was the principal applicant.  The developer is affiliated with BDO, PSBank, Metrobank and Union Bank.  We were informed that feedback will be given to us by the bank within two weeks.  We initially forwarded our application loan to BDO and PSBank.  BDO was quite fast in processing the loan application. After a week investigation has started but they informed us beforehand that they are not processing loans if the applicant is less than 1 year old in his company.  My husband just transferred to his new company August of 2010.  We were not informed about it by Multiland employees.  Was this done on purpose? 
We still had another bank PSBank.   We were wondering why there is no feedback for almost a month already.  Our payments are running.  When I call the developer's office and I ask for Jean (she was the one who received our documents) she keeps on telling us that there is no feedback yet.  A month passed by and the same spiel, "no feedback and we are going to give you a call."  For the nth time,  I asked Jean to give me the number of PSBANK.  She gave me the number and the contact person is Judith.  I asked them about the loan application and found out loan has NOT been ENCODED yet which means there is no loan being processed.   Why is it that Jean of Multiland keeps on telling me that there is no feedback.  Does that mean there were no follow up calls made to PSBank for our application?  Reason why it is not encoded yet was  Phase 2 of Montville Place in Commonwealth, QC is not yet accredited.  It was so disgusting because the location of the townhouse was Phase 1 and it was their Model House.  Judith of PSBank told us that there is also no land title attached to our application.  So I called their office again, and initiated telling them of the development.  And it was only this time that they fixed the problem.  Was this done on purpose AGAIN? If I did not call them up, we could have waited for a year for the accreditation of Phase 2.  To cut the story short, we were also disapproved, but PSBank is know to be lenient in processing loans.  Will we still apply for a loan in Metrobank and Union Bank? That is the developer's suggestion.  We are going to wait again while we lose our money? 
After 2 months of paying the down payment, we decided to back out.  We submitted a letter of request to their company on April 16, 2011.  We asked for the remaining checks but refused to give us because Jean of Multiland said our request has to be forwarded to their legal department.  My husband wanted to call our lawyer but I told him to be more patient.  He felt like we are being forced to continue the purchase and I realized he was right.  Three weeks later I followed up and Jean told me that there is "NO FEEDBACK" from their legal department and she is no longer handing our concern.  His name is Iver Angeles.  She told me that she would ask Iver to call me about it but no call.  I called again but Iver is always not in the office.  Last June 10, I was in the vicinity of their office and I opted to give their office a visit.  I patiently waited for more than 20 minutes for Iver, Jean did not come out.  Finally when Iver came out, he told me, "Ma'am there is no REFUND." I freaked out, I worked hard for this money and this man will just tell me sarcastically that there is no refund.  "You signed in the contract that's why there is no refund! Did you not read it?"  How can I read it, I do not even have a copy.  I asked for a copy of the contract but he refused.  He was seeking approval from his colleague Irene Figueroa but my plea was not fruitful.  There was no sign that it was even forwarded to their legal team.  I believe it is my right to have a copy of that contract because he kept on telling me it's in the contract.  So I wanted proof.  Did I not read the contract? I did with full trust in them that there are no delaying tactics from their part when it comes to processing of our papers.  I asked for my checks and still no checks returned.  When Iver was seeking assistance I even over hear this Irene saying "kasalanan na nila yun!" Yes, it was partly my fault of trusting them but this is hard earned money.  I did not only earn it for a day, that I can just let it go just like that.  
I know that the reservation fee is really not refunded at all times.  We could have backed out earlier if we were informed right away that our credentials do not fit the bank's requirements.  But we were given false hopes.  Is this their business practice so they can lure buyers, they prolong the process until the buyer does not have the option to back out anymore because if he does, his money goes to nothing.  
Sales agents are working their asses off to sell, but the employees of the company doesn't care about their clients.  I was in the Customer Service world 1/3 of my life,  I make sure that I do my best to take care of the customer, because one way of the other these people are the sources of my income.  I represent the company not myself.  Customer's may not be always right but the respect should be given to every customer they meet.  Was I treated that way because I was not like their rich clients?  Or because I backed out?  We had a meeting with the agent and while approaching him, we noticed that one of the homeowners was following up something from him to be fixed, "Paki follow up mo na yun a, ang tagal na nun e!" (Please follow it up, it's been so long).  So it's not only me who's complaining.  August is nearing and my husband will be one year in the new company, I was given the option by the agent to continue paying and re-apply for the loan, why will we do that if I know that the people we will be dealing with will not treat us well.   Will I live in a place where I will always remember the way I was treated but still work for the bank loan for the next 20 years or so? 
I am not angry, I just wanted to express my feeling towards this big lesson I learned.  Everytime I see Multiland, Harvard, Montville or Don Antonio, I will always remember this experience. Just passing by Commonwealth avenue, (the killer highway) will always remind me of this lesson killing a portion of my money, going down the drain.
For those looking for houses, do not only consider the amount, consider the place, consider the company and the people you are dealing with. I hope not Multiland Realty Development Corporation.

9 comments:

  1. tnx for this blog. i was about to get a unit from their project in taytay and im just 2 months old from my new work and might get a possible disapproval of my loan. will need to ask the bank first before paying the down payment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you file a complaint against Multiland? I'm one of their victims also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Anita. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Anita, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their taytay development had no certificate of registration and license to sell. We have already paid 210k for the down payment. We are now canceling the deal and demanded for refund. Mahirap sila kausap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same po. Lahat ng sinabi mo dito sa blog...I experienced the same...as in same na same. Please post this blog sa fb page nila Harvard Multiland Realty Corp pra malaman ng iba. I'm planning also to create my own experience blog tatapusin ko lang ang pagturnover nila sa bank pra yung bank na ang kausap ko at hindi na sila...dahils a totoo lang the more I talk to them, the more tumataas ang BP ko. Grabe ka hasler ang mga taong yan lalo na yung mga nasa loob ng opisina...Kakapal ng mukha!

    TLAGANG HINDI NILA INAASIKASO ANG BANK APPROVAL BECAUSE THEYW ANT YOU TO PAY FOR THE PENALTY IF EVER TUMAGAL NG TUMAGAL...SASABIHIN SAYO PATAPOS NA ANG BAHAY AT KAPAG WALA PA BANK APPROVAL...KELANGAN NYO MAG INHOUSE PAY AND THEN PAY THE PENALTY. O DIBA./..KUMITA ANG MGA HITAD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we experienced the same.. it's their strategy, at ipapasa ka kani kanino and papaasahin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ask ko lng po meron din po ba same case kagaya skin?

    To whom it may concern,

    We Sps, buyer of B4 L5 montville place F. Manalo

    I am respectfully writing this letter asking you to waive any penalty that may arise, pls consider letter of guarantee given by the bank and forwarded December 6,2016 to Montville.

    May I request your good office to expedite the documents needed by the bank in order to process the issuance of release of loan.

    For your reference
    10 Dec. 2016 - last payment of DP
    1st Dec. 2016 - paid for loan difference
    6th Dec. 2016 - paid of documentation fee
    6th Dec. 2016 - LOG Submitted
    10th Dec. 2016 - paid for transfer of title
    10th dec. 16 - signed deed of absolute sale

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magpepenalty dw kmi if hndi n release ng loan from bank which is meron n kmi letter of guarrantee. Nasa part ng montville ang delay ng process and submission documents needed ng bank para s transfer and loan release. With regrds this hingi lng po ako legal inputs s case ko. TIA

      Delete
  8. napakahirap po tlgang makipag deal dyan sa Harvard, yung kuryente namin naka sub meter pa din kami hanggang ngayon 1.5yrs ko na fina follow up pero laging on process, mahirap po tlga silang kausap, better not get any unit from them kc high blood aabutin nyo sa kanila. tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete